Terms of Service
Definitions used in these terms:
The following words will have the following specific meanings:
- "Account Holder" means any person who has a ReportBox Account;
- "Account Holder Data" means any data entered or uploaded by the Account Holder while using the Service.
- "person" or "persons" includes natural persons, firms, partnerships, companies, corporations, associations, organisations, governments, states, foundations and trusts (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality);
- "ReportBox" means ReportBox Limited, a company registered in Northern Ireland with registered number NI072129 and having its registered office at Murray House Murray Street Belfast;
- "ReportBox Account" means a current subscription to the Service;
- "the Service" means the Report Box software which is accessed and used via our password protected website;
- The following words will have the following specific meanings:
Creating a ReportBox Account
- In order to access and use the Service, a ReportBox Account must first be created.
- An application for a ReportBox Account to be created can be made by submitting details on our "Sign-up" page.
- If ReportBox accepts an application for the creation of a ReportBox Account, confirmation will be sent by email and at that point a legally binding contract will be created between the Account Holder and ReportBox.
- All applicants must ensure that they are authorised to enter into this contract for and on behalf of the potential Account Holder and the submission of an application constitutes a warranty that the person making the application is so authorised, upon which warranty ReportBox will rely when entering into the contract.
- The contract will be concluded in the English language and the provisions of these Terms of Service shall govern the agreement between the Account Holder and ReportBox.
- If mistakes were made in the details provided to ReportBox when applying for a ReportBox Account, these errors can be corrected by accessing the Service and using the "Edit Settings" function on the "General Settings" page within the "Setup school" tab.
- Depending on the significance of the error ReportBox reserve the right to terminate or very the terms of this agreement on receipt of amended details.
ReportBox right to refuse application
- ReportBox reserves the right, at its sole discretion, not to accept an application to create a ReportBox Account. This may be due to technical constraints, because the applicant has been banned by ReportBox from using the Service or for any other reason. No charge will be made by ReportBox for declined applications.
An Account Holder will not be able to access and use the Service without a username and password for a ReportBox Account. There are two ways to obtain these:
- Once a ReportBox Account has been created, ReportBox will issue the initial user (whose details were provided when the account was applied for) with a username and password.
- Additional users can obtain their own usernames and passwords if the initial user accesses the Service and uses the "Add teachers" function on the "Teachers" page. (Some subscription packages may have limitations on the number of additional users which can be added - please check the Pricing Page for details.)
- An Account Holder will not be able to access and use the Service without a username and password for a ReportBox Account. There are two ways to obtain these:
- Each authorised Account Holder is granted a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- The above licence is strictly subject to compliance with these Terms of Service by the Account Holder and by all other users of the ReportBox Account held by the Account Holder.
Account Holder obligations
- An Account Holder's ReportBox Account may only be accessed by using a password and username which that Account Holder is authorised to use.
An Account Holder must not:
- do anything which could reasonably be expected to damage, disable, overburden, or materially impair the Service or the ReportBox website generally or which is likely to interfere with any other party's use or enjoyment of the Service;
- question or dispute ReportBox’s ownership of the intellectual property rights in the Service; nor
- use the Service if the Account Holder is in competition (or likely or planning to become in competition) with ReportBox or otherwise for the purpose of conducting any benchmarking or comparison with any comparable or competing product.
use the Service for any use that is:
- obscene, libellous, blasphemous, defamatory, inciting hatred, terrorism or any similar offence ;
- unlawful or misleading;
- for any use that breaches third party copyright, including, without limitation, storing or sharing copyrighted music or other copyrighted material that has not been legally obtained;
- undertaken on behalf of third parties;
- in contravention of any applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treatises and regulations;
- In the event that the Account Holder is in breach of this clause 8.2 or in ReportBox's opinion, reasonably likely to become in breach, ReportBox may suspend the Services forthwith without notice and the Account Holder hereby indemnifies ReportBox in full for any loss or damage suffered by ReportBox as a result of such breach.
- The Account Holder is ultimately responsible for administering and safeguarding any passwords created to control access to its ReportBox Account: all password issued must be kept secure.
- Subscription fee amount: A subscription fee for use of the Service is payable annually in advance by the Account Holder. ReportBox shall issue invoices in respect of the subscription fee and the Account Holder shall pay each invoice submitted to it by ReportBox, in full and in cleared funds, within 30 days of receipt.
- The subscription rates are posted on the ReportBox website and these may be varied from time to time: please see the Pricing Page for the rates in force for the current year. Prices on the website are quoted in UK pounds Sterling and include VAT, which is also payable. If the subscription package is changed, the change in the subscription payment amount will take effect at the next billing cycle.
- Free trials and beta trials: No charge for use of the Service will be made during any 'free trial' period or any ‘beta trial' period. The Account Holder is not however entitled to benefit from more than one 'free trial' - if more than one 'free trial' has been requested, the Account Holder will become liable for payment of the subscription fee for all use of the Service made after the first 'free trial' period.
- Automatic renewal: Once any 'free trial' or 'beta trial' period is over, ReportBox will automatically renew the Account Holder's subscription and bill every year using the payment details provided to ReportBox, until the ReportBox Account is closed.
ReportBox shall be under no obligation to provide the Service if the subscription fee (plus VAT) is not paid on time. The Account Holder must ensure that ReportBox has complete and accurate billing and contact information throughout the subscription period, including the full name of the Account Holder, its address, and a billing contact email address. If subscription fees become overdue ReportBox reserves the right to
- charge interest on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 3% above the base lending rate from time to time of HSBC Bank plc, accruing on a daily basis and being compounded weekly until payment is made, whether before or after any judgment; and/or
- suspend access to the Service until the balance is paid and/or to close the Account Holder's ReportBox Account permanently.
- Our VAT number is: (coming soon)
- Rights in data: The Account Holder has sole responsibility for the accuracy and reliability of the Account Holder Data. The Account Holder retains ownership of any copyright, trade marks, database rights and any other intellectual property rights it has in the Account Holder Data. Intellectual property rights in the Account Holder Data will not be transferred to ReportBox. ReportBox reserves the right to disclose Account Holder Data to law enforcement officials in the investigation of fraud or other alleged unlawful activities but otherwise ReportBox will only use the Account Holder Data to provide the Service.
- Rights in ReportBox software and the ReportBox website: All copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the Service (including any such rights in the ReportBox website) are either owned by or licensed to ReportBox and nothing in these Terms of Service shall transfer any ownership rights to the Account Holder.
- The Account Holder acknowledges that all intellectual property rights in the Service throughout the world belong to ReportBox, that rights in the Service are licensed (not sold) to the Account Holder, and that the Account Holder has no rights in, or to, the Service other than the right to use it in accordance with these Terms of Service.
Termination of a ReportBox Account
- Termination by the Account Holder: the Account Holder can close the ReportBox Account at any time by accessing the Service and using the "Cancel my account" option on the "Account & Billing" page. No further subscription fees will be billed and no refund will be made of any subscription fees already billed and paid.
- Termination or Suspension and closure by ReportBox: If the Account Holder (or any user of the Account Holder's ReportBox Account) fails to abide by these Terms of Service, or if payment of the subscription fees is not paid on time, ReportBox reserves the right to suspend access to the Service or permanently cancel the Account Holder's ReportBox Account. If ReportBox withdraws access to the Service because these Terms of Service have been breached, no refund will be payable by ReportBox. ReportBox also reserves the right to close any ReportBox Account (including during any 'free trial' or 'beta trial' period) for any reason, by giving one months notice.
- IMPORTANT: This section restricts the extent to which ReportBox is liable for any losses which may be suffered in connection with the use of the Service. It also requires the Account Holder to compensate ReportBox for any loss suffered as a result of the Account Holder’s failure to comply with these Terms of Service.
- No guarantees: ReportBox gives no guarantee that the Service will be suitable for the Account Holder’s intended use, neither does ReportBox guarantee that it will be error-free, timely, reliable, entirely secure, virus-free or available, especially since ReportBox is dependent on the reliability of the Internet and the Account Holder’s use of computers to access the Service. ReportBox will try to keep disruptions to a minimum but may suspend the Service from time to time to carry out maintenance and support work and to investigate unauthorised use.
- Exclusion of liability: The Account Holder uses the Service entirely at its own risk. ReportBox does not restrict its liability (if any) for personal injury or death resulting from its negligence, or for fraud committed by ReportBox or for any matter which it would be illegal to limit or to attempt to restrict. ReportBox excludes all other liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage arising in connection with the Service (even if ReportBox has been advised of their possibility.) In particular, without limitation, in no event shall ReportBox, its affiliates, officers, directors and employees be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to any loss of data, service interruption, computer failure or pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the Service (including but not limited to its content), including any damages resulting therefrom.
- Limitation of our liability: Where ReportBox is not legally entitled to exclude its liability, the maximum aggregate liability for any loss or damage under or in connection with these Terms or relating to the Service (or to the ReportBox website generally) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall not exceed an amount equal to 100% of the subscription fees which the Account Holder has paid to ReportBox in the previous year.
- Liability to ReportBox: The Account Holder shall be held liable for any reasonable costs and expenses incurred by ReportBox as a result of breach of these Terms of Service by any person accessing the Service using a password created to control access to the Account Holder's ReportBox Account. Otherwise, the Account Holder shall be liable for any reasonable costs and expenses incurred by ReportBox as a result of breach of these Terms of Service by the Account Holder.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these Terms of Service.
- ReportBox reserves the right to change these Terms of Service from time to time and therefore may impose new or different terms and conditions on the use of the Service. These additional terms will be posted on the ReportBox website and will be effective from the Account Holder's next annual subscription renewal. The continued use of the Service will be deemed to constitute acceptance by the Account Holder of all of the new terms. These Terms of Service may not otherwise be changed without the prior written consent of ReportBox.
- ReportBox shall be entitled to transfer its rights and/or obligations under these Terms of Service to another party. The Account Holder may not transfer any of its rights or obligations under these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of ReportBox.
- The rights of ReportBox and the Account Holder shall not be prejudiced or restricted by any indulgence or forbearance extended to the other party and no waiver by either party in respect of any breach shall operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable for some reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, achieves the same purpose as the original, and the remainder of the agreement will still be binding.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 ("the Act") to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from the Act.
- These Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of Northern Ireland. The courts of Northern Ireland shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or difference which may arise out of, or in connection with, these Terms (including without limitation claims for set-off or counterclaim) and the legal relationships established by these Terms. The Account Holder is responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which the Account Holder uses or otherwise accesses the Service.